Get a more complex description of your treated reservoir in real-time for optimal field development.
Sign up below for the latest news, case studies, webcasts and upcoming event info.
Hydraulic Fracture Monitoring from MicroSeismic allows operators to improve production and avoid risk by identifying patterns of fluid movement, fracture development, connectivity, compaction, and whether the frac and proppant are staying in zone. These critical insights allow refinements to the stimulation treatment plan and long-term improvements in well spacing, well design, and completion design.
- Improve completions through a clear understanding of the reservoir response to stimulation
- Determine where to drill next by analyzing wellbore spacing and wellbore orientation
- Improve recovery through better placement of wellbore landing zone and more effective stage placement
- Reduce cost with real-time treatment evaluation and more efficient well spacing
- Avoid faults, water-bearing formations, and out-of-zone growth
MicroSeismic delivers reliable and innovative solutions and services consistently to all of its clients with the utmost attention to detail and quality. A team of highly experienced geoscientists and engineers is assembled at the beginning of each project, whose mandate is to provide customized interpretation of the microseismic results and recommendations for optimizing future completions. The involvement of different disciplines in each project is determined at the outset and modulated throughout, given the nature of each project.
- Real-time services allow customers to receive data and interpretation as the completion is progressing
- Clients have access to the project team for interpretation throughout each project
- Full analysis is delivered within 1 month
MicroSeismic monitoring can detect faults that are below the resolution of conventional seismic imaging using our unique surface, near-surface and downhole acquisition systems. These data acquisition systems allow customers to monitor along the entire wellbore and obtain a full moment tensor inversion — benefits not possible using conventional, single-well downhole monitoring. This analysis provides the orientation of the failure plane, the direction of slip, the stress state facilitating the failure, and information on the tensile and volumetric portions of the failure mechanisms. MicroSeismic’s interdisciplinary project teams take the data one step further to provide Geological Analysis, Geomechanical Analysis, and Fracture Modeling.
- Detects faults below the resolution of conventional seismic imaging
- Recommends ideal wellbore orientation based on results and geological considerations
- Identifies failure mechanisms and relationship to hydraulic fracturing
- Provides explanation for fracture trends that contradict the expected in-situ stress orientation
- Provides understanding of what occurred during stimulation
- Provides information on the in-situ stress state
- Identifies orientation of fault or fracture plane, the direction of slip, and the tensile and volumetric portions of failure mechanisms
- Estimates stimulated rock volume
- Incorporates magnitudes, rock properties, and fluid properties to map hydraulic fractures
- Estimates propped half-length
- Identifies properties of fracture network such as tortuosity that affect ultimate production
For more information on Hydraulic Fracture Monitoring, please contact us.