MicroSeismic’s proprietary PSET Downhole, the same imaging technology used in PSET 5.0, offers more robust and accurate event locations than other methods of downhole processing via full-waveform imaging. This accuracy, combined with MicroSeismic’s industry leading experience in microseismic imaging, helps operators automatically evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment design and provides more objective processing, eliminating user bias. The reduced processing time improves field planning, saving time and lowering costs.
Why PSET Downhole?
PSET Downhole was developed by MicroSeismic to overcome issues with traditional downhole processing. The technology uses the full-waveform migration approach and Kirchhoff imaging principles to locate each event. To ensure accuracy, the data is separated into its p-wave and s-wave components, which are migrated to a common image point.
- More objective processing eliminates wellbore bias
- Automatically locate more events in real time
- Accurately locate compressional and shear arrivals using full wavefield migration
- Identify lower magnitude events
- Automate arrival time determination
- Monitor multiple wells and geometries
- Faster turnaround time
- Automatically process all data recorded
- Transparent quality control of processed data and deliverables