MicroSeismic’s downhole monitoring solution provides operators with detailed information about the treated reservoir, including:
- Fracture geometry and azimuth
- Focal mechanisms (Downhole++)
- Discrete fracture network characterization
- Stimulated reservoir volume (SRV) estimation
- Completions optimization recommendations
Final results are determined using the proprietary PSET® Downhole imaging technology can be delivered within a month of the acquisition.
MicroSeismic acquires downhole microseismic data with a string of geophones located in a monitor well proximal to the well being treated. Capabilities include single-well or multiple-well monitoring, joint FracStar surface and downhole analysis, and distance-separated array monitoring.
Downhole monitoring can also be combined with MicroSeismic’s surface acquisition products such as FracStar® and BuriedArray®, to provide the leading technology for combined downhole and surface acquisition.
Downhole Array Design
- 60 levels of 3C digital downhole sensor tools with variable inter-level spacing
- Tractorable sensor arrays
- GeoRes data management for field recording
- SeisNet data management for display capabilities and quality control
- Can be coupled with surface monitoring
The Downhole++ service offering goes beyond the typical downhole analysis of fracture characteristics and SRV by using minimal surface array deployments to determine focal mechanisms and moment magnitudes. This added capability makes it possible to calculate the actual discrete fracture network (DFN) model generated during stimulation, including proppant placement, analysis of the Productive-SRV® (P-SRV) and the permeability enhancement achieved by the treatment.