This position involves the application of advanced seismic imaging and machine learning concepts to achieve the processing, interpretation and successful completion of microseismic projects applied to such areas as enhanced geothermal system (EGS) development, CO2 sequestration (CCS), induced seismicity monitoring (ISM), sinkhole detection and frac driven well interaction (FDI).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interpret geologic and seismic data; refine such data to perform technical calculations, seismic time and depth reports. Ensure quality control standards are met for processing, modeling and reporting activities.
- Apply advanced knowledge of seismic data interpretation tools and programming languages to facilitate data exchanges between various databases.
- Write technical reports in conjunction with team members and support staff. Liaise effectively with colleagues and clients to ensure that expectations and deliverables for quality and service are met or exceeded.
- Write project reports; responsible for producing final reports that meet agreed client and company expectations/standards.
- Deliver presentations to the client as necessary; ensure information and ideas are conveyed in a clear, meaningful manner.
- Field work in a real time capacity may be required from time to time.
Education / Work Experience / Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Geophysics, Physics, Engineering, or Applied Mathematics required.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Any experience in the field of seismic data systems, geophysical data acquisition practices and field processes desired, though entry level with appropriate educational background considered.
- Previous experience managing other technical resources.
- Knowledge of seismic processing tools, workflows and imaging technology.
- Knowledge of machine learning and other data inversion techniques.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment across different locations.
- Proficient written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Open to working remotely.
Please apply by emailing particulars to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online by uploading your resume below.