This entry level position provides software support and development for a variety of proprietary seismic processing and engineering analysis workflows using microseismic and other data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support and new algorithm development for C++ based seismic processing systems.
- Support and new algorithm development for Python based interpretation systems.
- Support geophysicists and geologists in use of software.
- Apply advanced knowledge of software design to provide new solutions for hydraulic fracture analysis.
- Write technical reports in conjunction with team members and support staff. Liaise effectively with colleagues and clients to ensure that expectations and deliverables for quality and service are met or exceeded.
- Ensure quality control standards are met for software development and reporting activities.
- Deliver presentations to the client as necessary; ensure information and ideas are conveyed in a clear, meaningful manner.
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering or associated disciplines required.
- Practical experience in C++ and Python development required.
- Practical experience in development and support of seismic processing systems desired.
- Practical experience in the field of completions engineering and hydraulic stimulation desired.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment across locations.
- Proficient written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.