MicroSeismic Inc. (MSI) is an oilfield service provider based in Houston, Texas specializing in the monitoring of hydraulic fracturing well stimulations. Our solutions provide complete descriptions of the reservoir as treated, predictions of well performance and prescriptions for more profitable completion and development strategies.
MSI is searching for a dynamic Director of Marketing and Communications to plan and execute upon its ongoing marketing efforts that include a meaningful and evergreen website, informational publications and webinars, presence at trade shows, print and digital advertisements, a vibrant social media presence, market research and more traditional media relations. This is a mid-senior level position that currently reports to the CEO of the enterprise.
- Lead the development of the company’s overall marketing and communication strategy
- Develop, present and execute an annual marketing program that supports the company’s overall strategy. The current budget is ~$600,000.
- Collaborate with and manage a team of external providers/partners in the areas of tradeshow attendance, website maintenance, social and print media presence.
- Identify and execute improvements in our website to increase traffic, improve conversion quantity and quality, generate leads and grow sales.
- Manage and execute the MSI social media strategy, ongoing content development, and customer engagement. This is including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Increase followers and reach/impressions via regular content posts in addition to targeted social media ad spend.
- Curate, re-purpose and create content and leverage it in paid, owned and earned media channels.
- Maintain messaging and branding consistency across online platforms
- Support sales and business development efforts
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance
- Stay up to date on SEO and on-site search best practices and gradually improve both based on relevant search terms for our industries, personas and products.
- Research and compile competitive information
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Public Relations
- Minimum 5 years in marketing, advertising, or communications (8-10 years preferred)
- Experience creating marketing programs for a complex B2B technology or technology-enabled industry
- Hands-on experience developing/executing/maintaining marketing (especially digital) campaigns
- Familiarity with social media platforms and their best practices. Experience with paid social media campaigns a plus
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop). Video content creation skills a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Ability to excel in a detail-oriented, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks while maintaining a consistent level of quality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with/for multiple stakeholders and meet deadlines
- Ability to be self-motivated and innovative
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Dedicated team player with high moral standards and strong work ethic.
- Ability to develop and deliver metrics/KPI’s for key activities.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
MSI offers its’ Full-Time employees a competitive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Paid Time Off and a 401k Plan.
Compensation: $70,000 – $90,000 plus annual performance-based bonus
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MSI requires pre-employment background checks and drug screening.